Treat yourself with the ultimate body massage experience to renew your body, mind and spirit.
The main focus of a relaxation massage is to de-stress, calm and relax the mind and body. It’s a less specific form of physical therapy than remedial massage in regards to pain relief, but is still very therapeutic especially with the busy lives we live today, as it is great at relieving the stress that is held in the body and the mind.
Relaxation massage is great for people who’ve had a stressful week or month, as it allows the body to catch up and recharge. Our relaxation massage involves flowing strokes and kneading, performed at your chosen pressure. It’s a pain free therapy and an effective way to de-stress and relax the mind and body to leave you feeling completely relaxed after you leave our clinic!
We are conveniently located in Oxford Street in Leederville, not far from the Perth CBD and our massage is a short walk or a not too distant drive from North Perth, Mount Hawthorn, Wembley and Highgate.
Relaxation massage, as its name suggests, is a form of massage therapy that focuses on providing general relaxation, relieving muscle tension and improving blood circulation. Its primary goal is to assist the client in escaping the demands of their mundane tasks and taking quality time to recover from the stresses of everyday life. When you want to receive a relaxation massage, you can expect the treatment to involve:
- Long, smooth, gliding strokes that are both rhythmic and flowing
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful
- A treatment designed to relax and soothe you, but not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying conditions
- We provide soothing music, warm towels, and essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage
Just like other styles of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage usually last several days after receiving the treatment. It may not be the absolute cure for any health problem, but getting regular massage, specifically relaxation massage, can offer the following benefits:
- Relieves back and neck pain
- Lowers blood pressure – at least for a while
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Improves skin tone and appearance
- Improves gastrointestinal motility, hence improving bowel movement and overall digestion
- Reduces muscle tension such as the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Relieves any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a boost to the immune system after undergoing regular treatments
- Improves sleep
- Supports healing of minor skin abrasions
- Speeds up recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Improves range of motion
- Promotes relaxation
In a relaxation massage therapy session, our massage therapists employs gentle to medium manipulation techniques to the superficial layers of the body tissue. Unlike deep tissue or trigger point massage, it doesn’t address the connective tissue of the muscles, though it does a great job at easing tired muscles. The therapist typically works on the client’s back, neck, arms and legs using gentle kneading motion and long strokes.